Hyosung TNC introduces and operates a technology data deposit system to protect the technology of business partners.
1. Introduction of the system
- Pursuant to Article 24-2 of the Act on Promotion of Win-Win Cooperation with Large and Small and Medium Enterprises, under certain conditions, business-related enterprises agree to each other and store key technical data in the Trusted Organization, the Large-Small-Small Business Cooperation Foundation, and the closure or bankruptcy of developing enterprises, A system that allows the use of the deposit in case of loss of technology, proof of development, and contractual delivery conditions.
2. Effect of system utilization
- - In the event that the technical data of the developing company is leaked,
it is verified whether the developing company has the technology through the technical data deposit (effectiveness of proving the fact of development)
→ Even if technical data are leaked by internal employees and industrial spies, the development company proves that the technology has been developed through the deposit.
- - Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) maintain technological competitiveness for the developed technology as the developed technology is not leaked.
- - When the user company goes bankrupt or closes, or when maintenance is impossible, safe maintenance is possible by using the deposit (insurance effect).
- - In addition, by performing a backup function of technical data, the technology is prevented from being lost or damaged (prevention of technology loss).
- - In the event that the technical data of the developing company is leaked, it is verified whether the developing company has the technology through the technical data deposit (effectiveness of proving the fact of development)
3. Technology to be entrusted
- - Technology that is not difficult to obtain as a patent.
- - Technology on trade secrets that are difficult for a company to disclose as a patent.
- - Technologies with the possibility of technology leakage by employees and related persons.
- - Technology that the user company requires to disclose the technology.
4. Items to be placed
- 1. Technical information
- - Production, manufacturing method/facility, product design.
- - Substance formulation method/R&D report and data.
- - SW source code and digital contents, etc.
- 2. Management information
- - Confidential documents and important plans for technology companies to be entrusted.
- - Management information (cost, finance, personnel, etc.)
- - Customer data/manual, etc.
5. Comparison between patent system and esrow
특허제도와 임치제도의 권리발생, 정보공개, 보호대상, 보호기간, 수수료에 따른 차이점 Patent system Escrow Generation of rights Effective after going through an examination by the Korean Intellectual Property Office in the established registration method. The moment of use of the technology data lease system, the estimation effect of the technology occurs. Disclosure Anyone can view and reproduce patent registration information. Technical information on deposits is not accessible except for developing companies. Subject to protection High technology as the creation of technical ideas using natural laws. Industrial property rights, manufacturing methods, production methods, etc. of goods, etc. useful for business activities and having independent economic value. Protection period 20 years after patent registration. Permanent technology protection is possible if technology is not leaked. Fees Expensive expenses such as filing fees, correction fees, patent attorney fees, etc. are required. (more than 1 million won when using a patent law firm) 300,000 won for initial contract, 150,000 won for annual renewal.